Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Sun


After experiencing many logos of the sun, I came up with some ideas and made this image. During the online research, I found some things interesting about the sun such as the history, names and the convention that designers usually exhibit in their logos.

At first, it is now hard for me to remember all the words which are used to describe “the sun”: Solar, Helios, Luminescence and so on. Moreover, I observed that white color is used in most of the logo backgrounds, but there are still some exceptions for black, deep brown, etc. In addition, it is clear to see that lines is the crucial element which many designers take advantage of and easy to distinguish from the moon.

I had the background of my image filled with black to represent the universe. Therefore the sun is made by using hot tones of color such as red and orange, also creates a high contrast actually. Besides, I used straight lines to express the sun lights and hoped that it may help people realize the sun without any doubt. Furthermore, in my opinion, the colors can not only illustrate the temperature but also the shape of a human iris.



No comments: